• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i NEed protect map

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I need to be able protect like my maps to be able to raise them to the web and when they unload it could not edit it, please I need it since I am creating a map
That seems a bit of an oximoron (contradicting itself) if you ask me.

The only way to protect your map is to not give it to anyone else as WC3 needs to be able to open the map to play it (thus it is not protected). In the end it is impossible to protect your map.

You can however damage your map so that WE can no longer open it (still it can be edited via third party tools). Vexorian optimizer is the best in this case as it will also improve load times and reduce map size as well as removing any readability from the internal names you set up (for use in the editor).

However, if you do damage the map you are then responsible for making sure it is backed up and that people you trust have copies of it (incase something happens to you).

Reactions: Ras
Level 8
Using the Widgetizer to convert all the Object Editor Data to .slk files will also add another layer of protection. Oh and corrupting the MPQ to the point it cannot be opened with MPQ Master or any Deprotection program without making it crash.

Level 8
Haha the force MPQ ones, yeah I suppose. There's other ways to I believe; you can make it exhausting enough so deprotectors give up. But regardless, even if you deprotect it and all the triggers are in GUI, they'll all turn to a huge jumbled confusing mess of Jass you have to sort through. All of this combined would be enough to turn away most people.

Haha the force MPQ ones, yeah I suppose. There's other ways to I believe; you can make it exhausting enough so deprotectors give up. But regardless, even if you deprotect it and all the triggers are in GUI, they'll all turn to a huge jumbled confusing mess of Jass you have to sort through. All of this combined would be enough to turn away most people.
There is no need to deprotect map, if you can extract custom script from map, you will be able to add few more lines into it creating cheats and so on...

Also you can within few sec check if dude for example cleaned leaks, that's what I usually do with protected maps when I need to review them...

Status
Not open for further replies.