• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

I need Cam Triggers HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I currently stuck on how to make a locked rotating camrea around a unit to be offset infront of the unit every time it rotates again
i origanly tryed with polar offsets but that kept putting the camrea in random places in the map so i assume offset cams dont use polar offsets
can any one help?

Level 29
Try the world editor help section...This is kind of a novice question...and more suitable for that section.

I presume you mean the "Triggering section" ?
And does it mean we are noobs just beacuse we don't use JASS >.<

[ontopic] I think you mean this

• Naga Pwnz
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.05 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation

(change the player/unit of course...)

Level 10
its based on that but not that in the slightest!!!
ther would apear to be no way to set the offset to what i want
Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by (0.00, 0.00) using The unit's rotation

* My problem comes when trying to put a piont infront of a unit you would do so via polar ofsets but this trigger uses normal grid refraces thus using polar ofests dont work
and now i'm stuck trying to find out how to find said coordanates to find said pionmt infort of the unit.

Level 11
Hehe easily done in JASS and WEU GUI
  • Camera - Lock camera target for Player 1 (Red) to (Triggering unit), offset by ((X of ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees)), (Y of ((Position of (Triggering unit)) offset by 100.00 towards (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees))) using Default rotation
Thats how its done in WEU
If you want the JASS just ask me.
Note* The above leaks 2 locations (maybe 4?) for every call. I would not suggest a call more then once or twice a minute...

Level 11
If you don't want jass your going to need 5 lines of GUI instead of 1. Set each point to a variable, use them in the camera action, then remove each point.

Status
Not open for further replies.