• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I need a Model Converter tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've followed this guide to make a model. I've created the model. I just need to convert it to a mdx file. But i can't find the right tool, in the guide he placed a link to a working tool --> http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Tools&ID=3&sid=

But that link does'nt work...

Actually i've installed MdlxConv, but it gives me an error, then im trying to make convert my file.

Last edited:
Level 4
MDL <> MDX ConverterDoes'nt work, i've tried but it needs to be a mdl. file, mine is just text.
War3FileConverter v2.1 It says it can't find the Game.dll file then im trying to open it, i've tried to reinstall the program, wont work.
Warcraft III Viewer How does that convert a text to a mdx file?
3ds -> GMax that's only for Autodesk 3ds Max, is'nt it?
3DS/OBJ to MDX converter 1.2 hmm, what is a OBJ format? Object Format? does that work as text?

BTW, it's a text document, inserted from the GMAX and into a Notepad.

Level 4
Do you got GMAX? Coz, i dunno how to make it MDL file =p
The model are saved as GMAX because it's what i made the model with.

Last edited:
Level 4
How the fuck do i save a Maxscript as a mdl file???

Last edited:
Level 2
Yeah i got the same problem.. I use Gmax but the files save as .gmax and i need them to be .mdx so i can bring them in Magos

please give me a message or something

Level 6
Guys unless the rules changed, double posting is bad....really really bad... You should be friend with the edit button its a really nice friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.