• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i have some terrain problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Floating terrain? I've never heard or seen that, don't think its possible. If it is, it's probably in vJASS.

Do you mean directly like floating tiles? They could be some models of tiles elevated with Pg Up.

Level 12
Is that in a warcraft III map or the actual show? Also, yes those looks like doodads. I'm not particularly good at playable raised terrains, but I believe you would use Pg Up on a doodads similar to that and put Invisible platforms.

Level 12
Like I said, its a raised doodad with Invisible Platforms under it. Theres some tutorials about invisible platforms on this site, I am sure.

You asked how to do it, sorry, but I don't have the time to actually do it for you.

Level 12
Why make a trigger? You realize you can copy-paste terrain/doodads by drag-clicking right?

Also, Pg Up + Invisible Platform is very time consuming if you want it to look good - You CANNOT forget to put shadow on the ground, else it looks wierd

Level 9
like when you are playing it in war 3 like a rally point will select the position of the doodads and after a ability is clicked it spawns

Status
Not open for further replies.