• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I cant host :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I realized that i can't host...so i went on forums checking how to solve this problem, and i found forwarding a port. 6112-6119 i have to forward this port. Can someone please tell me how to forward it? thank you....and please no tutorials just a quick explanation, because i found a tutorial and i didnt understand it.:eekani:

Level 4
If your hooked up to a network (where more than one computer can have internet access within the house) you can't host. You'll need to unhook your computer from the network and hook it directly into the modem so only your computer has internet access.

Level 15
If your hooked up to a network (where more than one computer can have internet access within the house) you can't host. You'll need to unhook your computer from the network and hook it directly into the modem so only your computer has internet access.
:eekani: You certainly can host on a network with multiple computers. I've done it hundreds of times.

DustWolf,
We cannot give you a quick explanation because the setup process for hosting is not quick to explain.

What sort network configuration do you have at your house? Is your computer plugged directly into your cable/DSL modem, or do you use a router?

Level 4
indeed, we have two computers, but mine is connected directly to DSL & LAN, the other computer is connected with a router. And someone said, that it can be changed in the options of the firewall, so it asks me. Well some time it id, but now it doesn't anymore:sad:

Level 36
Okay, your computer cannot be directly connected to the DSL. You know why? Because your ROUTER is directly connected to your DSL modem. So that means that every computer in your house has to be connected to the router. There is no simple explanation, because it is a long process, and it varies greatly with different router models. If you follow everything and you still can't host then DISABLE WINDOWS FIREWALL it works wonders.

Level 4
well i saw that many said, that i have to configure my windows firewall....thats all nice BUT i dont have a windows firewall:bored: i have Panda Platinum 2006, i tried to host while outting it off, didnt work, i put Warcraft III TFT in the allow box....didnt work...WHY???:sad: :sad:

Level 21
you need to forward the ports!the whole idea of port forwarding is that there is no hardware firewall. those port are effectively open to anything that comes through them when they are forwarded. thats why u could turn of every software firewall u got and it still wouldnt work. not only that to even play WC3 online you need some of those ports need to be allowed by the software fire wall, therfore, if you have a router it is a hardeware problem not a software one. if you dont have a router you should be able to host anyway, do you have a router or a modem? can you host other games?

Status
Not open for further replies.