• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

i Am Soo Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have read most of the tut's i can find on this site about modeling i downloaded all of the programs but i still need a little help. first of all i use RoC not tft so i dont have a import mgr with that said.
i downloaded some model files from your downloads section but they are in mdx format. when i open object mgr in worldedit and replace the art file it automatically makes the extension .mdl which i cannot change i have tried. i just need to know how to convert the mdx files into mdl files if u can even do that?

Level 2
i tried using it and it wont run i renamed my old war3.exe file to war3.exe.old and then unziped the program into the warcraft dir i try to run the program but it gives me a error in line 774 so deleted the new war3.exe file and reverted back the old one and it still says the same thing. are there any other programs to do this becausee this one isnt working... here are my computer specs there is no reason it shouldnt work

running latest update of windows xp 3.2 gig hz with enought ram to fly a space ship =(

Level 2
i tried that about 3 hours agao.... i tried it pre patch and post patch no luck is there anywhere that i can just download mdl files or another program to convert mdx to mdl?

Level 2
Thats what everyone says to get tft but all my friends use roc and i make maps for us to play. i know its possible to make custom models in roc they did it for dota and other games which are roc not xpansion. If there is anyone out there willing to convert some mdx's into mdl files i would be more then happy to host u a website at one of my domains or ftp space etc. please let me know thank you in advance for any and all help you have given me

Level 13
I don't understand why you would want to convert the models into mdl, that would make them unusable in the game.

What you do is import your model using WinMPQ (open your map with WinMPQ and click Edit->Add and import the model and, if there are any, the skin files with it) and then type in the model in the Art - Model field in the Object Editor under custom. It will change the name of the model to mdl, its some weird bug, but the model should show up and work fine. You may have to restart the WE when you are done to see the model, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.