• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HUD? First person camera?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
:vw_wtf:
1. I'm working on a FPS project and i can not figure out how to create a custom HUD (Heads Up Display).
2. I also need some help or ideas on how to fix the camera in First Person.
3. It would really be helpful if someone could if someone could tell me how to create a weapon system. so if my unit switches weapons, his damage changes, attack speed changes. Also maybe a reload system too.
4. Could someone tell me how to switch the cameras from first person to third person.
If you could answer any of the questions, it would really help in the progress of this game. Thanks for reading and answering! :goblin_boom:

Level 12
All the answers except the first (Which I think is impossible in the wc3 engine, though i may be wrong) are a simple answer.

2. There's first-person camera systems in the spells section, so search for em.
3. Like SWAT or Parasite. I'm sure there's a system or two for this on the spells section as well.
4. Well, you would turn off the first-person camera, and then turn on the third-person camera. Switching to it over however long you want. (I'd say .5s but that's my personal preference)

Level 29
I've tryed the FPS, before, and so from personal experience, I know it is absolutely IMPOSSIBLE. My advice: don't try. You can not use the mouse to aim, and if you use the arrow keys to move, you can't turn, and vice versa.
But, here's your answers:
2. Search in spells section.
3. You'll need to trigger the whole the enitrely.
4. Use different camera systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.