• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to use JCASC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Which software should I install ?
JRE/JDK 11 or newer.
How to execute it on Windows ?
Writing your own application that uses its Java interface and the running that. That will usually be a Java program running in a JRE installed on Windows.

A Java demo application is provided to show how using the API works. The demo application can be used to extract some files from Warcraft III 1.31.

Extracting Warcraft III 1.32 beta is currently not supported as I am not in the beta to verity the tool. I believe it uses file encryption which is currently not supported by JCASC.
How to extract War3 Casc ?
Using the API provided, as seen by the demo application.
Need a total guide
If you just want to extract files then use CascView. JCASC is intended for writing Java programs that read from the CASC local storage.

Status
Not open for further replies.