• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to Randomize Hero Selection with Circles of Power

Level 4
This is very very easy, but before I tell you, you must have your circle of power heroes set up already. Dont no how to do this, then go to here: http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38699&highlight=select+heroes#CoP Heroes . Any way, what you must do first is turn ALL of your circles of power NEUTERAL HOSTILE not NEUTERAL PASSIVE, which is what your heroes should be. Afterwards, make a new circle of power NEUTERAL HOSTILE. Go to object editor, a make a basic unit's model file a Secret Level Power Up (in item models). GET RID OF THE UNIT"S ATTACKS. Change the name to: Random Hero. I would suggect a peasent. Now, put that ? in the new circle of power. Go to Region Editor and make a new one surrounding the whole area of your hero selections. Then go to trigger editor. It should look like this:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit comes within 100.00 of Random Hero 0055 <gen>
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Hero Selector
  • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Random unit from (Units in Region 009 <gen> owned by Neutral Passive))) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
    • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Center of (Playable map area)) over 1.00 seconds
and there ya go. Region 009 <gen> is the region i created around the heroes. There are much more efficient ways to do this, but this is the easiest without making a variable for every hero and stuff.

NOTE: THIS IS ONLY FOR CIRCLE OF POWER HERO SELECTIONS.