• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to prevent research level from decreasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a trigger that goes:
  • Add research level
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes research
    • Conditions
      • (Researched tech-type) Equal to Iron Weapons
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the max research level of Iron Plating to 1 for Player 5 (Yellow)
and a second trigger which has steel weapons setting Iron Plating to lvl 2. However i want to prevent the situation when one player researches steel weapons and then another player researches iron weapons and sets it back to 1. Any idea how to do that?

Last edited:
Simply:
If current research level of bla bla for yellow = less than researched tech level then set current research level of bla bla for yellow = researched level
(this isn't the exact script, of course, but I'm assuming you'd be able to figure out how to make that once I tell you, as I did recreate it fairly accurately. If you are unable to recreate this, simply ask me, and I'll go ahead and make the trigger and post it. It really is fairly simple.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Researches are uni directional. "unresearching" is impossible so there is no need to test weather a technology is more advanced than it already is and researching a lower level of the technology (via triggers) will do nothing.

In StarCraft II (blizzard's newest RTS game) this was changed, where research is unresearchable so you would need to test the level before applying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.