• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to make maps bigger then allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
i saw some maps where the sizes are above 300 or even bigger.
I dont think that i can do that with the standart editor because when i try to change maps where ths size is too big then it automatically resets to 256
do I have to download a new editor or is there a trick to do this?
please halp me

Level 7
Sorry to go a bit hi-jacked on this thread but I think this may be a good discussion for future archive purposes.

Anyways when I use JNPG with WE I get errors when trying to save or test the map. Also when I try to run the NewGen Warcraft.exe I get this ongameload.dll error "Could not hack game.dll. Please post logs/ongameload.txt"

Ongameload.txt
Code:
loading kernel32.dll
loading blizzard.ax
loading Game.dll
Game.dll loaded...pausing and running script
Error: RegisterNatives signature not found

When I make a new map, I get so many Trigger Database errors and this Lua error.. theres so many errors everywhere.

Then when I press enter I get this error "The instruction at "0x35800000" refrenced memory at "0x35800000". The memory could not be "read"/ Click OK to terminate the program.

Level 19
First, dont use newgen warcraft <.<

also, for me, it just displays a couple windows rly fast than says Success! and closes and i test in wc3 and its just fine <.< is your jasshelper updated n shit?

Level 7
Okay so dont use newgen warcraft, so when I test it I have to manually start up the original, legitimate warcraft.exe?

I didnt update the jasshelper yet, I thought it said it wasnt supported in 1.24 in the channel log? Anyways how would I update it?

Level 8
lol if i wanna make the map look bigger ill just decrease all doodad's and units size...

Well, that might work with terrain-only maps, but not with playable maps. Otherwise you would had to reduce units size, but the only way to reduce some projectiles are by editing the models. That would need a lot of work for reducing everything's size and would need map file size for importing projectiles.

Level 8
I don't remember exatly and i don't have acess to WE right now, but i think it's under "Scenario -> Edit Camera and Map Bounds". Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.