• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

How to make Custom Heros (like Custom Hero Wars)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
This is what I did but it didnt work because it gave the hero the wrong ability and it wasnt in the "Yellow Plus Sign" thing where u choose your abilites when you level. So this is what i did.

Event: Ability Store 1 sells a item.
Conditions: Item Type = Flame Strike(item)
Actions: Add Flame Strike to (Buying Unit)
Set level of Flame Strike for Buying Unit to 1
Drop (Sold item from buying unit)
Remove (Sold Item)
-thanks

Level 5
I made this one and checked it, it works properly ^^
  • Ability
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Flame Strike(item)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Flame Strike to (Hero manipulating item)
      • Unit - Set level of Flame Strike for (Hero manipulating item) to 1 //You don't really need to do this one since the default level will be 1
      • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Hero manipulating item)
      • Item - Remove (Last dropped item)

Level 5
Ok, I don't really think you can do that, you will have to make another trigger that levels up the ability for that hero. For example you could make like If a player types message "level up" then check if the level of hero is enough for that, then increase level of that ability for him.

Last edited:
Level 11
instead of items i would use runes coz items cant be bought when your inventory is full and because of that you cant learn an ability... try using runes that is better coz you dont need to have room in your inventory to buy them ;)

Level 17
You won't need another trigger to set the level. I made exactly the system you need some while ago. I'll see if i still have it, otherwise i'll make it for you ;)

If i remember correctly you'll need to have one trigger for each spell(the way i did it).

And yes, i too used runes. Much easier.

EDIT: Yes i have discarded it. No worries though, i'll make it as soon as i'll get home.

Level 3
Dude, when the player buy the item, add the spell, if he already has the spell, just set the level to +1 that's not hard at all.

You can use your basic trigger, just add what I said, if ability is level 1, then set level of ability to 2, etc.

Level 6
well if you read up then you would see that "All that does is add the ability to the hero but you cant level it up like normal".
So im looking for a good easy system without chat that can level up the ability for the hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.