• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] How To Make A Vision Cheat Trigger? =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
does anyone know how to make a fully functional maphack like shadowfrench's one? as in the form of triggers, not in the form of an external program, i know this is very bad, but i'm jsut very curios about the structure of the maphack program of shadowfiend's.. ... it's like in dota, when i use this trigger :
  • No Black Fog
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing maphack as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Player((Integer((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, 9)))))) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)
but when i activated this trigger, it not only grants mi full vision of the map, it also grant my allies full vision of the map.... any idea how to solve this problem? :grin:

Last edited:
Level 3
but once u disable sharing of your vision with ur allies, ur allies wouldn't be able to see ur unit at all on the minimap... any more ideas? :grin:

Level 15
well you could do a trigger like this:

• Events
  • Player - Player enters maphack as an exact macth
  • ----just for fast, type in all players here----
  • condtions
  • actions
  • if (all) condtitions are (true) then do (then) actions else do (else) actions
  • If condtitions
  • bolean - (Triggering player) is an allie of (player(1)) (equel) to (true)
  • Then Actions
  • Playergroup - Pick every player in (force1) and do actions:
  • Vision - give (picked player) enabled vision across (playable map area)
  • else actions
  • if (all) condtitions are (true) then do (then) actions else do (else) actions
  • If condtitions
  • bolean - (Triggering player) is an allie of (player(6)) (equel) to (true)
  • Then Actions
  • Playergroup - Pick every player in (force2) and do actions:
  • Vision - give (picked player) enabled vision across (playable map area)
  • else actions
that will give all players in force 1 to have vision, if the triggering player is allie of the other force's leader, that force get vision.
if you got more than one force, copy/past the trigger for each force, and change the "(player(1))" to a player in that force.
Force1 and 2 is both playergroups, init'd at start of map, make a force variable for each force you got, and add all the players into it.

Level 3
ok obviously my question isn't solved.... in dota all allies will share vision with u, if u create a vision modifier, ur allies will be able to see everything also, not only u urself... i'm finding a solution as to how to let u have full vision of the map and not let ur allies have it too.... shadowfiend's maphack can do it, so i think there is also a way to do it inside the map rite? :grin:

Level 3
wow purpleroot can u tell mi what does these triggers do? i don't quite understand jass though... only understand those simple ones... :grin:

Level 5
the function GetLocalPlayer() causes functions to be run for individual machines, not every player it references to (which in this case is all players). So the
JASS:
if GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) then
just runs everything inside the if for player 1 (player 1, in JASS is player 0, player 2 is player 1 etc).
The
JASS:
endif
is just to close the if to make sure it causes no syntax error. So if you ever want to make something affect only 1 player, use GetLocalPlayer(). Also, to make it work on just a player group, do:
  • Custom script: if IsPlayerInForce(GetLocalPlayer(), udg_MyPlayerGroup)==true then
    • Visibility - Disable Black Mask
    • Visibility - Disable Fog of War
  • Custom script: endif
when udg_MyPlayerGroup is a global player group set beforehand. Note: to use a global in JASS just put the prefix "udg_" (without the quotes) before the actual variable name. Also, to use the triggering player use
JASS:
GetTriggerPlayer()
I could probably write a whole tutorial on GetLocalPlayer() but I don't want to confuse you.

Level 3
oooh tnks a lot for the explaination... so if i want to make like when someone types -maphack, disable fog for him, how will the triggers look like? :grin:

Level 5
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: if GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() then
      • Visibility - Disable fog of war
      • Visibility - Disable black mask
      • Custom script: endif
of course make new events for this to work with any player

Level 3
wow u are the man! ^_^ tnks a lot! :grin: but can anyone tell mi is there any way to shorten this:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 2 (Blue) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 3 (Teal) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 4 (Purple) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 5 (Yellow) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 6 (Orange) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 7 (Green) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 8 (Pink) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 9 (Gray) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 10 (Light Blue) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 11 (Dark Green) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
      • Player - Player 12 (Brown) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match
into a single custom script? :grin:

Last edited:
Level 3
please do not insult the hive workshop, they are only helping mi because they are helpful and they will answer any problems that they know how to solve, the cheat trigger is my own request, it's nothing related to hive, so please dun insult hiveworkshop, and don't post in here if u are not helping, others are a lot more helpful than u as to say sarcastic remarks...

Level 5
u could make a separate trigger like this:
  • Init Maphack
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to (This trigger) the event (Player - (Player((Integer A))) types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match)
so at map init u would add all the necessary events. I personally used to (before I used JASS) do this for every trigger on the map that needed it in one trigger

Level 3
oooh i get what u mean... but what i wanted is that is there any other way to shorten the trigger because the long triggers seem to lag out abit, so is there any custom script to replace all of the triggers? sorry if this is too demanding...:grin:

Level 3
ok i dun wan it to be short, i want it to perform faster, like the speed of jass script.... can anyone teach mi how to create this triggers using jass script so that i twill perform faster? i find out that creating these gui triggers will lag down the map... :grin:

Level 3
Cant you use something like this to make it shorter (dont know if it will increases performance though)
  • Player - Any Player types a chat message containing -maphack as An exact match

Level 3
erm yar i just wanted to do this but i don't have any idea to proceed on.... anyone can help or just point mi to a jass manual which is noob friendly? :grin:

Level 19
I don't mind you destroying DoTA :)
You could try something else to trigger it without letting your allies notice it.
  • Melee Initialization
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells a unit
    • Conditions
      • ((Sold unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
      • (Name of (Owner of (Sold unit))) Equal to lala1990
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add MAPHACK[OFF] to (Sold unit)
  • I am blinded!
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MAPHACK[OFF]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove MAPHACK[OFF] from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add MAPHACK[ON] to (Casting unit)
      • Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of (Owner of (Casting unit))) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Casting unit)) emitting Black mask across (Playable map area)
  • I wanna see!
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to MAPHACK[ON]
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove MAPHACK[ON] from (Casting unit)
      • Unit - Add MAPHACK[OFF] to (Casting unit)
      • Visibility - Create an initially Enabled visibility modifier for (Owner of (Casting unit)) emitting Visibility across (Playable map area)

Last edited:
Level 19
Depends on what you do in trigger
You cant make Less Laggy trigger with GUI that does this
[trigger="LAGS LIKE HELL"]
For Each A integer from 1 to 1000000
Loop - Actions
Unit - Set HP of <someone> to <some value>[/trigger]
[trigger="Not lag in 100mhz processor"]
Unit - Set HP of <someone> to <some value>