• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to host/finish project?

Level 5
Hi everyone! In this tutorial you'll find out how to carry out (host) a project.

First Part: making a plan
Making a plan is a very important thing. The plan will make your work done much faster, because when you 're sitting before computer you can't remeber all things you have to do for some hours in a sec and you don't know what to do first, second...

Making Notes

Every time you have an idea for a map it is highly recommended taht you should note it becouse very often these ideas are forgotten.
As for me I have one copy-book which i titled Warcraft. And in he first part of this copy-book I note ideas for spells/items/heroes for some of my current projects (Roshan Wars, Bubble Trouble, The Elves Battle (coming soon)) and in the second half there are some good combo of heroes I play with id dota. // yeah; I play dota with my brother

Motivation & Support

When making a huge project there 99.9% that sometimes your motivation will fall to 0%. So it is necessery to keep it upper zero point. It is highly recommended that you should to give out some small snippets or functions/systems. Note you don't have to break up woring - you can just release system or function you've made specially for the project.
Example: I'm working on The Elves Battle and I've released some system I've made specially for this project. Additionally I wrote this tutorial because my motivation is nearly 4%. That's the way I'll gain /increase it to 50% and start working with more producivity.
For me releasing smth brings myself belief that you are working, because when u are working >=3 months on smth you need to know taht you are doing smth.
Updating your project
So, you are working on smth. It is good think to visit some great sites and have a look at some new systems/spells you can use in ur project as the authors are doing them for you! But if you are in a hurry and want to carry out ur f***** project you should skip this =)

Searching bugs

It is highly recommended (It's boring to repeat the same phrase but Im bad at English) to find as much bugs as possible before releasing your project in the world (i-net)
The examples of some bugs that were (in most popular creatins)
1) JNGP v1.4d
2) Dota v6.47
3) CS v15.1
4) Bubble Trouble v1.0/1.01 (Yeah its map of mine)

Timing

Timing is one of the main parts of this tutorial. So the statements of timing
1) Not to waste time
2) When you can't do smth/havent ideas you'd better do smth else (in ur project)
3)...

Balance

OMFG the hardest thing you should do. You should have a lot of testers and test yourself!
The examples of perfect balance:
1) Dota-Allstars
To have a good balance you'll have to play your map veryyyy ofteeen.
You will have to have a lot of private testing between various heroes, then public playtests to see what players think needs to be weakened/improved, and tweak it a little bit at a time.

Gameplay & Enjoyment

If your map havent this do radical chabges otherwise close the project
Examples:
Bubble Trouble - really trouble for my mind =(

Popularity

If all statements below are nearly perfect you shouldn't bother about this thing; it'll gain popularity without advertisement.
But you have to upload your map for all dominant wc3 sites and host it on battle.net

Giving up youur project

Mb very often u think about this coz of ur low motivation. But in few cases giving up ur project is the best thought, but only if all statements below are true
1) your map type is nupopular
2) it has huge disbalance
3) your spells just suck
4) youu understood it
For Example I give up making a huge campaigns "For Khaz Modan" because it was very poor and that was the first thing I was creating. From it I gain a great experience. Also I give up working on Age of Empires (Footmen War) //it is on epicwar// because it has a huge disbalance and required tons of testing modifications, etc.+I'm lazy

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Invalid claim, this tutorial and that web page feature near nothing in common next to being about the same thing. I personally do not know russian but from google translator, the basic structure and content is not the same. Please do not march in here and accuse people with random and sceptical evidence as this is a pretty far fetched acqusation as nearly nothing but topic is simlar.

---

Matrix, please work on grammar and spelling.

Level 2
Basic structure of part 3.3 (given link) and this article is same.

Anyway, without some russian speaking moderator plagiarism cannot be proved here.