• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How to edit Model Path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I have got some models,and i used the mdxpather to find the paths of the textures,but somehow it doesnt work.Maybe i can edit the paths of the mdx and texture files?

and the other problem is,i have the blp file for it,but if i wanna use it in magos model editor it says this is not a blp texture?

Last edited:
Level 3
For editing in model editor, you must have all the textures in the same directory as the model. Also you must check the paths with mdxPather, textures which are not included in war3(x).mpq, must have path only the texture name.

Example:
Textures\my_texture.blp - wrong
my_texture.blp - now it is ok, there is no path
Textures\gutz.blp - it is ok, this texture is included in warcraft archives

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
If you import the texture exactly as the path said, no matter the path it should work. If it fails to do so then changing the path to something else will not fix this.

Make sure that after importing the model and skin textures that you save the map fully and close WE and WC3. Then reopen the map and the model should load.

Finally, a model should load even if the textures used (skins) are missing. However the model would appear invisable as nothing is textured. If this is not your problem then you are having problem importing the actual model file itself rather than the textures (skins) it uses.

Level 4
i have the models imported,and i made the textures the right path,but its still not visible,and other models have a exture path which dont have the name like i got the blp files, for example i got a skin.blp and it says in the pather _skin01,and if i tried to rename it,its still dont work.

Level 4
i did,but somehow it doesnt work,and if try to find the file it isnt there,and if i try to edit the texture paths and names in the mdl file the model crashes the editor ater that.

Status
Not open for further replies.