• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How to add range to heroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
In the unit modification page, go to the unit, combat properties, and increase its range.

I don't know how to make it change depending on the item he's holding, except maybe to give the item a range-increasing ability.

Level 8
OR trigger it with a simpel trigger checking wen a unit aquires an item,

• Events-
  • unit aquires an item
  • Conditions-
  • Item being manipulated equal to bow
  • Actions-
  • set the Acuition range for hero mainpulating item to 800
Note that wathewer range your unit got it cant newer shoot for a unit thats outside of its acuition range, so id set the heros range to 2000, and aquition range (witch is located above the first attack feilds on object editor) to (if its a melee unit) to 200.

Level 3
You could make it attach a bow or sword to one of the unit's attachment points as well, through triggers. Similar to when a spell is cast on a unit and the unit starts glowing.

Level 9
you can make the hero become range when you give it a orb? i mean like range on ground units too...

the trigger that if unit picks up bow then set range to 800 doesnt work, when i check in the game its still melee range.

and if i make 2 units and switch them around, thats gonna become larger in size, and i have to do it for many hero, around like 6-8.

Level 3
Find an ability that increases a unit's attack range (does Trueshot Aura do this? I can't remember), modify it so that it only targets the user and convert it to an item ability, then give the ability to the item you want.

Level 12
here is the thing(i think)

Set the Heroes Range to 1000(or something, the maximum range you like) and the Acuition(or however its spelled) too 100(Melee Range)

The Default will now be Melee range

Now, make the unit pick up an item

Event : Unit Aquires an Item
Condition : Item Being Manipulated equal to ITEM
Action : Set Acuition Range of Manipulating Hero to 500(A medium long range)

Now, after that, make a similar trigger that has an Event like Unit Drops Item or something like that with the same condition(or something alike) with a Action that sets the Acuition Range back to 100(Melee Range)

i think that should cover it, since its the acuition range makes the limit of how far the unit can attack

or you can just use upgrades, since i think there is one for that too

Level 5
No it doesn't work.
There are 2 methods:
1.) Bearform
Pros: "multi-instanceable"
Cons: One extra Hero for every Hero...
Have a alternate version for each Hero that is exactly the same, just with extra range. Disable the Bear Form(or another instant-remorphable ability, like Storm Crow Form) ability for all players at begin.
If someone picks an item, then:
  • Player - Enable Bearform for (Triggering player)
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Night Elf Druid Of The Claw - Bear Form
  • Player - Disable Bearform for (Triggering player)
2.) Upgrade Spammage:
Pros: Only useful if you only have 1 Hero for each player
Cons: Lame if you have more than 1 Hero for each player
Have a Long Rifle, make it level 100?(or more), and have the research level increase like:
Level 1: 100
Level 2: -100
Level 3: 100
and so on.
After picking/dropping a bow/sword, adjust the level of that research.

Level 3
Simple im making a map right now where they change from melee to range and ill i did was get a ranged model and used a already made unit and used the move metamorphsis and changed the art around and put cool down mana and time length to "0" and it made it perfect and easy

Status
Not open for further replies.