• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] How much height offset equals distance to target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello all, I'm kind of busy trying to find a solution for a trigger that I'm creating, it's working so far but I need to know how much height offset equals distance to target.

So for example: how much would I need to set my distance to target to achieve the same height as changing the height offset of a camera?

EDIT: how can I set this thread to solved?

Last edited:
Level 37
^The original poster has found a solution, setting the thread to solved signals to others that there's no need for help here. People don't have to open the thread to see that the issue has been solved.

Using search and seeing a thread that is marked solved but with no replies is a small issue. But I can live with that.

Level 14
^The original poster has found a solution, setting the thread to solved signals to others that there's no need for help here. People don't have to open the thread to see that the issue has been solved.

Using search and seeing a thread that is marked solved but with no replies is a small issue. But I can live with that.

I was trying to set my camera to the same height as my slopes which is explained in this thread: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/world-editor-help-zone-98/unlimited-slope-heights-problem-208775/

(the thread title is a bit missleading)

For some reason I was unabled to change the Z-height but I was abled to change the distance to target, that's why I started this topic. However it appeared to have nohing to do with that. I fixed my issue and that's why I wanted this thread to be solved since it's of no longer use to me. I still have a different issue though: The camera still works a bit staggering since GUI can only have a periodic event of 0.30 seconds. I want it to instantly change it's Z-height by putting it in a infinite loop which I can't seem to get working :S

Eather ways thanks for the explenation. If there is anyone who really wants to know how much distance to target equals Z offset then hopefully someone will come by to give us a number. If not: sorry for those who have searched for this thread but did not find a solution to what they are looking for.

A little suggestion to those who didn't: Try showing a text message in Jass that shows the distance to target and the Z offset of your current camera, you might be abled to find out this way ;) Hint: GetCameraTargetPositionZ() <- height offset of your current camera.
I don't know about distance to taget, you would have to figure that one out by yourself.
Remember: distance to target is how far you zoom in and out, height offset is how high your camera is above the ground.

I'm not even sure if this is true since I didn't test it yet: but try to zoom out and see if the Z offset changes, if it does you can use that to find out how much distance to target equals Z offset. (Maybe zooming out means that the camera also moves up in height).

Status
Not open for further replies.