• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How many attachment points

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
When I'm making a model in 3ds max 5.1, how many attachment points can i add to the model? Only the normal overhead, head, chest, origin, hand, foot, weapon?

Or can I add unlimited points?

A list of functioning attachment point names: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/attachments.php#points

Warcraft 3 will only recognize the mentioned attachment point names so if you make up your own names, they will not work.

However, you can combine the modifiers to the point names to form a massive amount of points. For example "Sprite First Ref", "Sprite Second Ref", "Sprite Sixth Ref" etc.
Also note that the attachment point node name should always end in the word "Ref" for warcraft 3 to recognize it.

you can also add the attachment points in Magos (open the model in Magos, open up the ''Node Manager'', rightclick on the bone to which the attachment should be assigned too, i.e. rightclick on the bone ''Head'' and select ''Create Attachment''). You can set attachments wherever you want, you just have to give them specific names, regardless of their position in the model. Example: you can make an attachment point for the eye one model, but you must name the attachment head, hand left or anything else like this. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.