• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How far are you in the development of 1.2b?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
Hey Zwei, long time no see. Just a wish for a quick update on progress here in this thread. Other people will be able to use it as reference.

1. What features are still needed to finish 1.2b? What features are done and ready?

2. Which things are especially time consuming in the development of 1.2b?

3. How much of the map will be playable in 1.2b?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Level 1
I've been wanting to ask that for quite a while myself, but every time a thread like this comes up people get pissed, tell you to check elsewhere, and the thread gets closed

1. What features are still needed to finish 1.2b? What features are done and ready?
I haven't even started with 1.2b yet, as I'm still working on the bugfixed version of 1.2A.

2. Which things are especially time consuming in the development of 1.2b?
Most time consuming is creating object data, as always, as I need the terribly slow GUI to do that and can not just hack some lines into a text editor like I do when creating spells. This includes items and creeps.
Then there's the need to create new attachment models, which usually takes a while aswell, as I moved over to handmaking them on my own.
Designing boss encounters is also a time consuming process, which involves a lot of testing.

3. How much of the map will be playable in 1.2b?
Quite a large area... seriously, what do you expect me to answer to that? Give you an approximation of the area? Like... uhh, two square kilometers? I'm confused.

On a side note, I really wished I would have moved over to using a full screen inventory when I had the chance. Creating object data is a serious pain in the ass. But full screen inventories suck giant balls, so no way I'm going to do that.

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 18
Yes these questions were a bit rushed. Anyway, what I meant to ask with the 3. question was simply: how large an area will the new area be? The same size as the high lvl world boss area or bigger? This is in reference to 1.2b.

I know that I and everyone else can browse through the various threads here, but this thread will, hopefully, help to get an overview much easier.

Thank you for your time and answers.

Level 10
PSH! Give me some credit Zwiebel! My goal is to beat it within day one >:D then play it repeatably for the next 6+ months after beating it the first day

Level 1
Quite a large area... seriously, what do you expect me to answer to that? Give you an approximation of the area? Like... uhh, two square kilometers? I'm confused.

I kinda wanna ask which new area will be available (like the area with npc's southwest of ogres near mytargas) but don't get pissed. If you can't answer that don't bother :)

On a side note, I really wished I would have moved over to using a full screen inventory when I had the chance. Creating object data is a serious pain in the ass. But full screen inventories suck giant balls, so no way I'm going to do that.

You've said it before, and I wanna thank you from the bottom of my heart for this. Wouldn't want the only map I still play in wc3 to be overly complicated and hard to navigate like that other rpg map (damn I forgot what it's called)

Level 1
Well, 1.2b will unlock like 50%-70% of the snow terrain.

Basicly everything except the cliff needle area and the high mountains northwest of the tower. The tower itself will be added later.

Awesome :)

Any idea on when you're gonna be finished, and how long till the update comes out?

I just don't have the time to work on the map so much currently, as I got a nine-to-five job and also play some Tera Online with my girlfriend here and there. I can barely afford two hours a week.

But I will see what I can do. Making content is a time consuming and frustrating process. But I don't want to chop everything into little pieces either. So 1.2b will definitely only get released if I made at least 4-5 new boss battles.

Level 1
I just don't have the time to work on the map so much currently, as I got a nine-to-five job and also play some Tera Online with my girlfriend here and there. I can barely afford two hours a week.

But I will see what I can do. Making content is a time consuming and frustrating process. But I don't want to chop everything into little pieces either. So 1.2b will definitely only get released if I made at least 4-5 new boss battles.

This may be a little off topic but a 9-5 job sounds awesome. I hear you got it recently, congrats :)

And we're talking like 6 months?

Level 1
I started playing this game recently and oh my god it's pretty much the best RPG game on warc3 ums I've ever played. Looking forward to future updates!!

Level 4
Thanks for all yours answers, Zwie!

I've been looking for this thread and i wanted to post this here instead of making a new one.

How abou the progression of the game? A few people (that includes me) were a bit pissed off because you can just ignore d1 d2 d3 and keep farming and just go for the latest bosses (alchemist, stone giant and such).

So here is my question / sugestion. won't there be some area blocking for chars that don't completing the dungeons or something like that?

Level 4
Not exaclty punish, but force them to explore the whole... anyway, thats just an idea to force people to explore the whole beauty of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.