• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how do you import a spell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
i have just realized importing a spell is different then a skin or model importation(is that a word?). And i figured it comes in another map(or atleast the one i got:hohum:) So yea, i dont understand what to do AND there are NO tutorials or posts that say how to do this. I like it how right above where you are about to import a model, it has a link of how to import it correctly. WHERE IS IT FOR SPELLS!:eek: :cry: :bored:

Level 13
As far as I know you have to open the other map
-> copy the trigger which is responisble for the abilty
-> open your map
-> paste it

You have to do that as long till you have importat everything.
(check the we settings there is a settings which automaticly creates new variables. that's quite useful)

Level 4
nop DarkAngelAzazel.
Start by opening imports +and transfering the right one if you don 't know witch then open ob editor and in the tab called Abillities or spells check its model and open then there is a tab called :Custom path and in it is the right model for spell

Level 25
All good spellmakers have a Readme in the trigger editor, i would first take a look there then if there isn't one:
-Copy all dummy units(if any are present)
-Copy all dummy bufs(if any are present)
-Copy all dummy abilities(if there are spellbooks included then copy them last)
-Turn on the Copy Unknown variables automaticaly in the File=>Preferences
-Copy All the triggers for the spell or the spell's trigger category if it exists

Status
Not open for further replies.