• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i make my hero build

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean make a custom hero with some nice custom abilities then you can either edit unit/hero abilities to give them some nice cool stats.

Difference is key but make sure that they are not too overpowered, the easiest way to achieve this is by basing your heroes off of normal ones. At most a custom hero should really have 2-3 custom abilities to be "unique" enough. That and people get sick of ladder abilities.

GUI spells should only be attempted if you know what you're doing and are easiest with single target spells aoes require a lot variables and actions etc.

If you meant something else then just ignore me.

Level 13
I think he means make his Hero build Buildings.

I believe you have 2 options:

You can either make numerous abilities based off of the item abilities like Ivory Tower/Build Great Hall and add all these abilities to a spellbook and give this spellbook to the hero.

Also, I believe if you make the Unit Classification: Worker it allows you to add Structures Built. HOWEVER, in doing this, I think your hero will no longer auto retaliate when attacked, this is usually behavior for workers as they just flee when attacked.

If this isn't what you meant either, ignore me xD

Level 20
Hmm.. I don't know if this has been mentioned before (I'm getting too tired and lazy to read the comments above) but if you mean a stat build there are a lot of tips out there (either on Hive or Google or anywhere else) on how to make a proper stat build; I recommend having INT or AGI based stat build, you have higher chances of winning.

If you mean making the Hero build buildings just make a Repair ability a hero ability and give it to the hero via triggers or object editor (if you're going to do it via triggers I suggest you do it by using an If- Condition that checks if the hero has the ability in level 0 or you could check out Magtheridon96's tutorial) then just modify the rest of the ability's stats.

You could also use a completely different, charged-item that casts a spell at a target point, and via triggers make a building at the Target of Spell Being Cast, or you could also just modify an existing item which can do the job, such as: Build Castle, etc.

But I did read your comment about letting Peasants finish it instead of the hero. In this case create invisible peasants and dummy units and make them finish the job, of course via triggers.

I hope this helps.

Level 14
I meant like make a hero build buildings all i can do is make them start the building but they can't finsh it, i have to make peasants do it

Human-race buildings can only be built using the Human - Repair ability (its what allows you to stack workers to build faster). Orc-race buildings will keep the hero 'inside' until the building is complete. Undead buildings are merely summoned. Non-ancient Nightelf-race buildings work the same way that the Orc ones do while the Ancient-class buildings will consume the unit building them.

The building's 'race' you base it on will dictate what is needed to fix it as well:
FYI, Nightelf buildings can only be fixed via Renew.

//\\oo//\\

Level 20
I'll take this one Hell_Master:
  • Follow
    • Events
      • Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Point = (Position of Paladin 0001 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Peasant 0000 <gen> to Move To Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_Point)
Now you can set the event to any number you want, just be careful when you go below 0.1 seconds.

Level 30
  • Follow
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Now you can set the event to any number you want, just be careful when you go below 0.1 seconds.

Yes, just like that. Thanks, MT!

@Dudesoe
Here ya go, this is what I meant

Level 20
  • Follow
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
Why not follow? :p
  • Unit - Order Unit01 to Follow Unit02[/stable]

Level 3
Whoah... my reply was too late.... My bad.... XD
Speaking of triggers, what is the trigger to limit the hero levels? ;)
Peace!!

Level 29
It is not a trigger, bro. Go to Game Constants and find the option: Hero Maximum Level but if you really want to trigger it, when the hero reaches a specific level, set EXP rate to 0%.

only thing with triggering it is that if u have other things that give him xp u would have to trigger it to negate those effects. ( example an item that increases xp rate)

also if u have items that increase the lvl of the unit u would have to trigger that to stop that. ( example lvl up potion)

the best way would be to set it in the Game Constants menu like Hell_Master said

Level 30
only thing with triggering it is that if u have other things that give him xp u would have to trigger it to negate those effects. ( example an item that increases xp rate)

also if u have items that increase the lvl of the unit u would have to trigger that to stop that. ( example lvl up potion)

the best way would be to set it in the Game Constants menu like Hell_Master said

Oh, I have come to think that you have a point. Noted! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.