• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

How do i create a Skill/Attrabute System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey, im working on a 2 player RPG called DayLight Burns.
I need to know how to make a skill system. the main character is Lynzer Royen Raynor Commando Style. i need to erase Raynors skills and add new ones. and make a system on how to level up and pick skills/attrabutes

if anyone could help me i will include you on the credits and be verryyy thankful!!! :D:D

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I need to know how to make a skill system. the main character is Lynzer Royen Raynor Commando Style. i need to erase Raynors skills and add new ones. and make a system on how to level up and pick skills/attrabutes
The data editor comes with ability scopes that allow you to reconstruct WarCraft III style hero ability systems.
Add all the levelable abilities to the learn ability. Add the learn ability and all lernable abilities to the levelable hero. Add a learn submenu button and then in that sub menu add all the learn specific ability buttons.

Level 2
Okay Thanks, could you tell me were to find all of that? i know how to get into the data editer just not making the submenu button and puting skills in it. i'd really be happy if you could

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Make multi levelable abilities.
2. Make a Learn ability and add the multi levelable abilities to it.
3. Add the learn ability and the multi-levelable abilities to the hero.
4. Hook the orders up for learn ability to a learn command card.
5. Place the levelable abilities in the normal command card where they can be cast.

You might want to use some requirements to restrict the availability of the learning buttons.

Status
Not open for further replies.