• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

how can i override the unit requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
By modifying the requirement data that is linked by the Larva Morph Ability's field "Ability - Info - Button - Requirements" field for the various morphs defined by the ability.

Basically the morph ability (in the Abilities catalog) defines the requirements for the various morphs. The logic of these requirements is defined in a separate catalog called Requirements.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
i cant figure out how to remove the requirements for the units in the ability. even if i remove those units from the ability the requirements remain.
I will tell you the solution again...
Remove the requirements from the "Ability - Info - Button - Requirements" field for the appropiate morph in the morph ability.

If this does not work, you eithor did not do it (the requirement is still in the list in that field) or you have done it to the wrong ability (your unit's morph ability is different from the one you are editing).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yes it can. If for some reason your editor is not allowing you to do it with a GUI (as mine does), you can always resort to raw data view and manually remove an entry from the list in the field. Come patch 1.4 you can even edit the raw XML entry for the data object.

Level 2
Ok what you want to do is this.

Go into the data editor, search "Larva - Morph Unit", under the ability filter

Select ability command you want, and double click to edit it

Under all the different requirement selections, to the bottom right is a red X

Click that to remove the requirement.

Level 2
The requirements are editable, thru clicking the buttons below the requirement field. (edit) you can select premade ones used in starcraft, as for creation of a custom one is beyond me for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.