• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] 'Hiding' and ability from the command card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello, we are looking for a way to access an ability from the command card, without having the ability display on the command card... or as to 'Push an ability' while the ability is hidden.

Example: We are attempting to use a trigger that activates when a player presses 'P' - (or casts the ability in other words.) however, we need room on the command card for other abilities.

is there a possible way to 'Hide' an ability, and if so, could we activate it somehow?

Thanks.

Level 7
It would work... if there was a way to detect when a player presses 'p', but if we could detect if a player presses 'p' in the first place, then we wouldn't have an issue. The ability is simply to detect when a player presses the button.
thanks for the help though.

Level 8
now i do get what you want,the abi is just a dummy one for hot key detection.

And i can tell you that there is now way to make it with the abi disabled to work,but there is still sometihng.

Make the ability enabled.
Set its icon to : "Textures\Black32.blp"
Remove any kind of description and put as shortcut p.
I am not sure if the borders on ability will still show.

But i think there should be a way to do so.

Level 5
(Sorry, but we have yet to resolve this issue. So, a bump)

The point isn't that we want to actually make the buttons disapear (However that would be nice) It's that we want to be able to have more abilities on one unit than the CmdCard can hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.