• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Hero weaknesses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Obviously most ranged heroes are weak to surrounds and melee heroes can suffer from ranged assaults, and then some heroes have less health while others have less mana. But that's more general, I'm looking for specific weaknesses of each hero in the game (including Tavern heroes). Something which they struggle with, preferably with a way to counter it as well.

This is mostly for a map I'm working on, but I wasn't sure if it fit in the Idea Factory board since I'm not looking for ideas for a map, but rather answers to a question regarding the game.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Generally strength heroes are the strongest because they have most hit points and life regeneration rate.
Intelligence heroes are the weakest 1 on 1; they are usually best for crowd control and hit and run tactics.
Agility heroes are very fast attacking and usually resistant to attacks since they get more armour but their hit points aren't that many. Ranged ones are usually more powerful since they can fight from a distance and get hit far less than melee ones.

So, usually strength>agility>intelligence but it's situation and ability dependent.
If we talk about custom games, you can change your heroes so that for instance high value agility ones would be strongest because they attack so fast that the strength ones won't be able to regenerate fast enough even if they have more hit points, since agility heroes usually have more attack points but again in the original game it's not that strict. For instance, there are somewhat mix type heroes like the Shadow Hunter who has intelligence-like abilities but is an agility hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.