• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Hero Arena Balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
mkay i need help on like making a hero arena but make it so that if a player leaves from another team one or 2 players from the other team would switch sides and take the leaving player's place. In short an auto balancing system and please id don't want jass involved that stuff hurts me!!!:wthumbsup:

oh yeah also can anyone tell me how to make heroes buy abilities??? hehe thx!!!

1 more too he he oops, but is it possible to like make it so you get to name your hero? Like change the name by maybe typing in like -name superdude and the hero's name becomes super dude...

Well that's 3 questions thx!!!

Last edited:
well i wouldnt recommend that for the balancing trigger..

1. If you are playing with all your friends and a player leaves on the other team, then one of your friends will be on the opposite team.

2. people might just backstab to make the team they were on before win.

3. one player could keep switching back and forth getting really annoying and possibly helping the enemy for no good reason.

Level 6
Oh, and for buying abilities:

• buy
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Sells an item (from shop)
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Sold Item)) Equal to (make item with same spell name + icon)
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for (Selling unit): (the spell you want)

Change it to Hero - Learn skill for (Buying unit) instead. Else you would learn the shop an ability ^^

Level 5
um that way is nice but not what i am looking for. i am looking for the hero getting the ability and then when they gain a level you can choose which ability you want to upgrade like the real hero abilities. i want it so No triggeris needed for the hero abilities to progress. eg. Custom hero line wars. Anyone know how???
THX:thumbs_up:

Level 5
Explaination

okay srry here is what custom hero line war is where you first select a base character and then you control the unit to buy like items which become abilities but instead of having the ability unupgradable ability that needs to be triggered you have like the normal level up hero ability :wthumbsup:

Level 3
Put it on a unit, then have an upgrade for that unit be "upgrade firebolt"

So when you buy that ability, the ability upgrade gets added to the spellbook:

Event- Unit learns ability

Condition-Ability is equal to (Firebolt)

Event- Add upgrade* (Firebolt upgrade) to (Spellbook Unit)

*Not sure what they call the upgrade

To make the upgrade cost something:

Event- Hero gains a level

Action- Add to (owner of leveling unit's) lumber by 1

Then to have it upgrade: (Also the upgrade would cost one lumber, so they can't upgrade more than once)

Event- Upgrade* is researched

Action- Pick every unit owned by (owner of researched unit) and do
remove ability (firebolt)
add ability (firebolt 2)

Now this might be long, but if you change your mind it leaves you open to some options, like you could have morphing abilitys
Firebolt>flamestrike>pheonix>Giant explosion that kills everybody and makes people complain about hacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.