• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I had custom abilities , hero models , added a lot of songs and when I took away all the songs , it reduced a lot of kb
But well... I realized my map needs some songs but I can't add them because of size overload so help !

Level 33
Let me get this straight, your map is 27MB, right ?
And by "And I cant play my map on warcraft III!", did you want to play this map on LAN ?

If you are, well, you can't, because Blizzard's newest patch only allow multiplayer maps to be played at most, 8MB file size limit.

If your map is greater than that, you can't load the map (but you still can play it single-player - but not multiplayer (LAN))

Level 2
Let me get this straight, your map is 27MB, right ?
And by "And I cant play my map on warcraft III!", did you want to play this map on LAN ?

If you are, well, you can't, because Blizzard's newest patch only allow multiplayer maps to be played at most, 8MB file size limit.

If your map is greater than that, you can't load the map (but you still can play it single-player - but not multiplayer (LAN))

No! It is freaking 27000kb dint u read carefully?

Level 2
This is the image

Attachments

• Dec 18 2012 06-59-04AM.jpg
    Dec 18 2012 06-59-04AM.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 83
Level 14
This is the image

Now all we need to know is the formatting used by your computer for comma's.
Which I suppose is a delimiter for a thousand.
So in other words yes, 27 thousand (kilo) bytes =~ 27 (mega) bytes.

which is way to much for an online map since they can only have a maximum of 8 (mega) bytes = 8 thousand (kilo) bytes.

I hope this is an easier explenation?

8 bits=1 byte
1024 bytes=1 kilobyte
1024 kilobytes=1 megabyte
1024 megabytes= 1 gigabyte
1024 gigabytes=1 terabyte
1024 terabytes=1 petabyte
1024 petabytes=1 exabyte

Level 2
Now all we need to know is the formatting used by your computer for comma
's. Which I suppose is a delimiter for a thousand.
So in other words yes, 27 thousand (kilo) bytes = 27 (mega) bytes.

which is way to much for an online map since they can only have a maximum of 8 (mega) bytes = 8 thousand (kilo) bytes.

I hope this is an easier explenation?

8 bits=1 byte
1024 bytes=1 kilobyte
1024 kilobytes=1 megabyte
1024 megabytes= 1 gigabyte
1024 gigabytes=1 terabyte
1024 terabytes=1 petabyte
1024 petabytes=1 exabyte
1024 exabytes=1 zettabyte
1024 zettabytes=1 yottabyte

Well..... Vex's Map Optimizer made my map crash which means i could not play in warcraft III . But I made copies of the map so , I tried deleting the songs and it decreased the size but I need songs or sounds because thats a mini game! So I need help if I can optimize my map without even trying to delete my songs. :goblin_cry:

Level 14
Well if the songs are big in file size, you might want to optimize those instead of your map.
I think the resources are what is causing your problem, not the map itself ;).

I'm sorry to say so but if you've done all the steps necessary to decrease the file size of your imported files, then there is not much more to do.
You should've thought about this before starting the map unfortunately :(.

You could go to a 128 kb/s bitrate for MP3 this is similar to FM radio sound quality. 64 kb/s bitrate is starting to look more like AM radio. While 32kb/s is really grungy.

EDIT: I tend to edit my posts because I like to be accurate and not double post (which should be avoided for senseless bumping threads and confusion).
I edited it because I realised that 1 yottabyte has not yet been reached over the entire internet alltogether.

Level 14
Check out my new edit.

If I where you I'd try to compress the audio files as much as possible.
In this case I'd go for 64kb/s since that is still do-able. But then again, if you have a lot of audio files, it'll easilly get up to 8 mb's :(
If 1 sec is 64 kb then an entire recording will probably be too big for your map.

If you really want to create a game that uses these sounds, you might want to use a different engine then wc3. (which is already 10 years old but still fun :D)

Level 14
Give us a screenshot of how your import manager looks like, or export all of them into a rar and put it up here in this thread, this way I might be abled to reduce the file size for you.

(unless you don't want to ofcourse, which is completely understandable)

Level 2
Give us a screenshot of how your import manager looks like, or export all of them into a rar and put it up here in this thread, this way I might be abled to reduce the file size for you.

(unless you don't want to ofcourse, which is completely understandable)

Well... I try compressing first... I had deleted my audio files already ._.

Level 19
Just a two cents, all of my friends and I would agree that songs in gameplay are terrible because you cannot disable them and if you really wanted to listen to gameplay you cant but if u really wanted to listen to music, you can listen to your own rather than 3 songs...

also, the best ive ever compressed an audio file was roughly 80% but that destroyed all quality, so good luck.

also, using copyrighted music in your map isn't allowed (meaning that if u were to upload any version of your map here it would get rejected)

Level 2
Just a two cents, all of my friends and I would agree that songs in gameplay are terrible because you cannot disable them and if you really wanted to listen to gameplay you cant but if u really wanted to listen to music, you can listen to your own rather than 3 songs...

also, the best ive ever compressed an audio file was roughly 80% but that destroyed all quality, so good luck.

also, using copyrighted music in your map isn't allowed (meaning that if u were to upload any version of your map here it would get rejected)
U can disable songs by going sound category and search for stop music .
And thx I edited it with first person view and arrow keys movement

Status
Not open for further replies.