• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help With Zombie Survival :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hi! well,ill go straight to the point...im making a zombie survival map,and got some problems with triggers...

first i tried to make a weather trigger so that i would rain every 5 minutes (300 seconds) i put the event as periodic event and set it to every 300 seconds,then i put no conditions and put the actions to add a weather effect on playable map area (loardeon rain heavy) and then after 30 seconds of rain,make the weather effect stop...the only problem is...WHERE IS MY WEATHER EFFECT!?

ya,that's it,it simply DOESN'T appear O_O" can some1 gimme some light here?? im still a noob with these trigger stuff so...plzz =/

also i wanted to know if there is a way to make a trigger so that it'll spawn "x" zombies at random points on the map every 2 minutes for example...i tried it but everytime it spawned the zombies,the trigger spawned them in groups on one single point (the point was random though) and the groups where like,square shapped,what sure looked horrible xD well,thanks anyway and if i posted on wrong place or any other thing plz lemme know ;)

Level 4
If you want to make your weather effect to work you have to put after crete it to show it too, that is to say, this trigger:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 300 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Scenary - Create lordaeron heavy rain across playable map area
      • Set WeatherEffect - Last created wheather effect
      • Scenary - Show WeatherEffect
      • Wait 20 seconds
      • Scenary - Remove WeatherEffect
I did it without the trigger editor, so i don't know if it's well done, but it should work

And for the zombies use this actions:
  • Events
    • Time - Every 120 seconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each integer A from 1 to X do (multiple fuctions)
      • Unit - Create 1 Zombie for Player 12 (Brown) at random point in playable map area facing 270 degrees
X is the number of zombies you want to create

It should work, but i say the same as in the first
Hope Its helpful

Level 4
thanks man,imma test 'em right now and then ill edit my post :D thxx

TEST RESULTS 1:the rain worked :D but i tried it with different actions cuz i couldnt find "Set WeatherEffect - Last created wheather effect" and "Scenary - Show WeatherEffect" but it worked anyway :D

TEST RESULTS 2:it works very well :D just as i wanted,thx man,ou can count with ur name on my map credits

;D

(+ rep ^^)

Last edited:
Level 4
The show action is the one after the creation one, it says something like show/hide weather effect or something like that.
The set thing is "set - variable" so the variable is WeatherEffect, you have to create it first and then use that action, but if it works np xD
Ok thanks for credits, tell me when your map is finished and posted, i want to test it because im working on a Zombie survival too ^^

Level 12
Shoot me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the second one leak X locations everytime? This will make it leak-less..
  • Spawn
  • Event - Every 120 deconds of game time
  • Conditions
  • Actions
    • For each Integer A from 1 to X do (multiple functions)
      • Set *YourVar* = random point in (playable map)
      • Unit - Create one zombie for player 12 (Brown) at *YourVar* facing 270 degrees
      • Custom Script - call RemoveLocation (udg_*Yourvar*)
That should be leakless, and help prevent lag latter game

Status
Not open for further replies.