• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with the heros altar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I'm making my first map and i have a problem concerning the heros altar.
I made some custom heros and i want them to cost resource no matter if its the first hero.
I tryed modifiying some of the game constants and some triggers but no progress.Plz could anyone help me.

I'm new to world editor so plz be gentle
Sorry for my bad english but im not fluent with it.

EDIT:i forgot to mention that it is a melle map

Level 16
Moin moin =)

You should check your trigger editor for a function called:
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
When you delete this function, the heroes will cost resourced from beginning. In most cases you find this function under "Melee Initialization". Hope this helps!

Edit: Ohh I just noticed your edit now. Hmm don't know actually to replace this trigger you have to make a manual coding, but don't know how far you can code until it isn't a melee map anymore. All in all you sure that it has to me a melee map? :s

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Last edited:
Level 3
Amm well i tryed what you said but it created another problem...when i play the map it instantly defeats all the players.So in other words i need that triger...isn't there any other solution?

Level 16
Well sure it defeats everyone since you still have this action:
  • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)
Well as I said you have to code it, the problem is just it wont be a melee map anymore until you know jass .. I think jass will work, but not sure

Level 6
I highly recommend you practice GUI first, unless you are already familiar with a programming language.

Learning Jass without being knowledgeable of the available functions and natives can be really time consuming and slow down your map making progress.

And like Dr.Boom said, remove this trigger from map initialization:
  • Melee Game - Create starting units (for all players)
You may keep the victory/defeat conditions.
The reason why you automatically win/lose is because no town hall + peons are generated.
All you have to do now, is make an initialization trigger to spawn town halls + peon units for players at either fixed locations or randomized from a set of possible locations, dunno what your intentions are.

Status
Not open for further replies.