• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Help with forging system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need help creating a forging system that is impossible in GUI. Firstly I would like to know if it is possible in JASS:

I have a forge unit with two inventory slots. The forge should contain any of a list of certain items (classified in my map as artifact) and a rune (an item with no abilities) (Example Ral Rune).

If the forge is ordered to use its dummy ability, the rune should disappear (be removed) and an ability is added to the item. The item's name also changes, adding the runes name in front. Example: I have a long sword (adding 15 to the damage dealt) and place the long sword into the forge with my Ral rune. I then press the button (order it to cast the ability) and the long sword’s name changes to "Ral Long sword" and adds an additional 5 damage. (15 and another +5)

It should also be able to add other abilities, if other runes are used. And in time you should be able to end up with a "Ral Tal Thul Ral Long sword" or a "Ral Ral Ral Ral Broadsword"...

The idea of this system is to prevent the need of creating 100+ items for every possible combination.

LeP

LeP

Level 13
Well, its impossible to change the name, but its possible to add bonuses to your hero.
In my map will be a simmilar system: im going to use linklists to "add" abilitys to my hero; the linklist will be added to the item and then, if some hero drops ther item, all abilities of the link list are removed, and if he ads the item, all abilities will be added.

Status
Not open for further replies.