• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with custom ability (gravity bomb)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
A custom spider mine would be perfect for the 4v4 battleground map I'm making.

I want it to deploy as a burrowed spider mine (2x scale though) and when an enemy unit enters within a range of 3 it deploys as a vortex (or even just the gravity effect part so that the affected unit can still attack things in range). I do not want the bomb to affect friendly units though.

So I can figure out how to make the Button and the unit (based on a burrowed spider mine), but I'm kinda lost as to making the Actor, and the ability itself.

I know its a lot to ask, but I hope someone can help.

Using triggers is the way I'd go.

On the event that a 'spider mine' attacks, destroy the spider mine and create 'vortex' effect at 'point'.

Modify the vortex how you see fit through the data editor.

Or if you wish to use the data editor only.. then change its weapon to a missile that creates a vortex effect and then does the spider mine's hp +1 in damage to the mine itself.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There is no need for triggering. Replace the usual explosion effect for the mine with that of the motership votex. Adjust target filters in the area search used by vortex to not affect the player or allies.

Are can be copied from mothership votex. Remember to modify actor events to point at the data you want to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.