• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help with a model edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is it posible i can get some help?

i have used 3 days on trying to edit the "Nightelf Campaign Highrez model"

i have tryed a pile of Guides and tools... (some even lead me to farmer joe's farm...):
i have ben able to Convet MDX to MDL but not the other way...
i have ben able to inport a MDX into 3D Studio max9, but not able to Export it correctly... and only export it as MDL ( and not MDX... )

and it seams like when i convert it from MDX to MDL the scene gets turned 90* on Z Axis and pushed to the left....
and the vertexes have by far not the same locations...

i have not Edited many Models... but i have edited a few: wowEredar Female, Quake 2 Iron Maiden

This is how the Model looks without any changes, the Skins in changed in and loaded from the MPQ file

by using 3Dmax and DeX's MDX inporter and MDL expotrer
i get this, no textures linked or any Animations, else the model seems correct edited, but i can't see doe to the Team color is the only color....

And if i take the Converted MDL and replace the Vertex with those i changed it looks like this....

How the Model looks in 3Dmax, after i have edited it and Draged textures to it

Non Secured Version

is there anyone that can/will help me with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.