• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Help preventing lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys,
Um this is my first post and im a little bit of a noob at editing but I made a spell recently and the first time i cast it lags. After that its fine but i was just wondering if there is a way to reduce this lag at first cast,
Thanks

Level 18
Try giving the spell to a unit that is placed on the map at map initialization. This should preload the the ability so that it doesn't lag on first-cast. There are also functions that allow you to preload ability data.

Level 2
Do you need the unit to cast the ability or just add the ability?
Thanks for quick response.

Level 18
You simply need to add the ability. This will work for the default WarCraft III blizzard spells (if you're using effects and such in your spells then you'll have to preload those using one of the Preload functions. If the ability that is causing the stunt when it is first used is just a default ability (even if it is renamed or whatever) then all you'll need to do is have a unit preplaced on the map that has the ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.