• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Solved] (Help!) Patrol-Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Here I am again with a new Problem. I am trying to trigger a patrol for a unit. Well... if I get the right way I will use it for than one, but now it's just for one unit ;)

So, here is what I did yet:

• Patrouille 1
  • Ereignisse
    • Map initialization
  • Bedingung
  • Aktionen
    • Einheit - Set Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> movement speed to 150,00
    • Einheit - Set Rally-Point for Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> to (Center of PatrouilleA1 <gen>)
    • For each (Interger A) from 1 to 10 do (Actions)
      • Schleifen - Aktionen
        • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do 8Else Actions)
          • 'IF'-Bedingungen
            • Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> Gleich (Attacked unit)
          • 'THEN'-Aktionen
            • Skip remaining actions
            • Einheit - Set Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> movement speed to 270,00
            • Einheit - Order Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> to Angreifen (Attacked unit)
            • If (Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> Gleich (Dying Unit) then do (Auslöser - Turn off (this trigger) else do (Auslöser - Run Patrouille1 <gen> (ignoring conditions)
            • 'ELSE'-Aktionen
              • Einheit - Set Rally-Point for Abscheuliche Monstrosität 0074 <gen> to (Center of PatrouilleA2 <gen>)
I will skip the rest of the Trigger, cause it will go on like this 3 times more, simply with other waypoints. (Cause of the loop, so that the unit will not just stop doing her patrol after the first round.)

So what I thought, I did here: The unit will go to her first Waypoint (PatrouilleA1) and there it will check the if conditions. When it's attacked, well... it will skip the rest of the trigger and attack the enemy. If it's defeated the trigger will stop, if the Unit wins the fight, it will go back to her first Waypoint and start again.

I am not quit sure, if I chose "set rally-point" correctly for setting the Waypoints of the patrol and make the unit go to it.
I am also not quit sure, if I had to use timers here.

Can you please help me?

Oh and if I should translate the trigger for you, just tell me and I will try my best.

Level 3
Okay, fixed it on my own.

But another question: I want to set something like an aggro-radius, so that the Trigger may look something like:

IF: Unit enters "Aggro-Radius"
THEN: Order Unit to Attack '?spotted Enemy?'
ELSE: Move to blabla and so on.

Or can I simple skip this whole IF-THEN-ELSE thing with using the isuee:
Order Unit 'to patrol'?

Status
Not open for further replies.