• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Help me to create a trigger for me please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm working on a map called SPORE , it's being created by other people too but i want to create my own version =)

But due to lack of advanced triggering , i need help from you professionals out there to assist me , at the same time i can learn and help others in the future.

what i need is :

Attachment feature , like when i type -ca 011 while selecting the unit i want to add an attachment to and for example a mammoth tusk or a footman sword to appear on the unit's head. Similiar to the one in SOTDRP where you type afx 011 to create an attachment overhead.

At the same time , an item is created and given to the unit.

when the unit drops or sell away the item , The attachment will be gone removed

when the unit die , the attachment should stay there after respawn

This is similair to the game's Creature / Cell editor , Please Help me and guide me.

Your help will be greatly and much appreciated by me or other people who seeks the same help , I thank you from the bottom of my heart :xxd:

Level 4
I will not do the triggers for you, but i will point you in the right direction.

• Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -ca 011 as An exact match
I am sure you have gotten this far, you can do it either 1 of 2 ways, use -ca as a substring, or the exact match (in this case you need one for each item). If you are not very good at triggering, i suggest you use the exact match.

I have no clue how you are doing your units. But all you need to do is give the corrisponding item to your unit. Thats it. Now check out this tutorial
Attachments and Special Effects
This tells you how to add special effects to units from items. Since heroes retain there items after death, it will keep the effect. When the item is gone, so will the effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.