• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Help: been trying to make this ability for hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
So, it's called Voodoo Doll torture.

It's a three-level spell which should work like aerial shackles except:

It should have a different animation (dark summon missile around target for duration; ent birth around caster once in beginning) and it should do magic damage (I don't know if aerial shackles does this).

I tried through triggers and got pretty close except:
1. I was ending it before full duration when casting hero faced another direction (not ideal but best I could get). But this only worked rarely, it would usually end for no reason.
2. I don't know how the target animation would work for flying creatures (probably would show on the ground)

Then I tried through aerial shackles ability but the damn net won't go away no matter what I delete.

Can someone tell me how to do it either through triggers or tell me how to get aerial shackles net animation to go away??

Level 4
Thanks but I'm not sure what you mean: in the abilities editor, "Art - Target" was already empty (it won't fill in with anything when I right click it and select reset; so either it was always empty or I've already deleted it).

Level 4
That works. Though, how will I be able to cast aerial shackles for real now with another character? Guess I'll cross that bridge when I get to it. :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.