• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Having trouble moving regions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I have a spell that makes the hero blademaster become unselectable and move faster until he reaches his destination, he also gains evasion.

Because it's in a few triggers i'll try to simplify it in the post instead of just copy and pasting the triggers.

In map initialisation i have R_Windwalk set as a premade region.

My dummy ability is shockwave, when my hero starts the effect of the shockwave:
Firstly all variables are set, U_blademaster = casting hero, P_Windwalk = target point of shockwave and B_Windwalk = true are the main ones.
He is then unselected, ordered to move to P_Windwalk, abilities swapped etc. etc.

Then at the end of that trigger i have Move region R_Windwalk on Point P_Windwalk. This trigger does not seem to work, the point is set right, because he moves to the right position, but the region just does not move..

I know this because i use this region as my way of ending the spell, "Unit enters region"

It says below the move region trigger that the region must be a variable, and i have done this as u can see, donno why it doesn't work. Any help is appreciated cause i'm lost :(

Level 5
hmm... same prob here fella!

Well... instead of using a region y not usin a dummy? make it there in world editor then use, when a unit comes within range (unfortunately blizzard somehow made us cannot use the event on vars.., mayb Jass can).

But i dont guarentee dat one too, this one is a bit well sured..

The caster is hidden and a dummy unit (looks like the caster appears) it has a skill (channel maybe) that needs say 0 -100 range to cast. Another dummy appears on the target point (flying, or no shadow). Order the caster dummy to cast the channel thingy. Once he casts it, the dummy is removed and the caster appears there!

Well if you dont understand i might be able to show you how it looks like in GUI

Level 11
if there is an action ( i'm not sure) that creates regions, than you could create one with the terget point in its center. you store it in the variable, and enable the trigger (unit enters reg.)... than remove the region and set the var to null.

i repeat, i'm not sure there's an action like this, cause i'm not in front of my usual computer.

Level 3
Nope paskovich :( unfortunately no such action in gui.

Interesting work around blademaster, for my spell i unfortunately can't replace the caster for this particular spell, but i'll create a dummy unit for enemy of caster at that point with no movement and have it have 1-1 damage, if u cant have 0-0 damage, havnt tested that yet. And have my finishing trigger work off, unit is attacked.

Thanks for replys =)

Level 3
Well yeah, thats the thing, i've done exactly that ramza and it doesn't work! Maybe it's another stupid lil tickbox like my last problem was. :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.