• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Having Trouble Install phpBB 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
As ZypherXII said, using `localhost` is your best bet.

While some shared hosts (like Dreamhost) use a separate dedicated MySQL server, Siteground does, in fact, host MySQL on the same server as each account.

Note: this is assuming you are going to use MySQL/MySQLi on your account. Postgres and SQLite which are also offered on your account will work, but they will probably yield lower performance than MySQL will, at least in this specific case.

Level 8
While some shared hosts (like Dreamhost) use a separate dedicated MySQL server, Siteground does, in fact, host MySQL on the same server as each account.

Yeah.. Sometines the MySQL is hosted seperately.. If so you might have to connect to an IP.. If localhost doesn't work out try to contact your hosting provdider.

Problem is: Siteground sucks. I can't find MySQL due to how crappy it is set up. (No, seriously, check out their website. It takes you 15 minutes and through 32 different tabs or windows of IE just to navigate to their support chat. Then, it will tell you that only the billing section can do live chat, while it says that you can try to do live chat on any other topic.)

I wish I changed my host.

While the Cpanel (while updated with a handier interface) will only instal SMF and PhpBB 2.3.

Level 8
Problem is: Siteground sucks. I can't find MySQL due to how crappy it is set up. (No, seriously, check out their website. It takes you 15 minutes and through 32 different tabs or windows of IE just to navigate to their support chat. Then, it will tell you that only the billing section can do live chat, while it says that you can try to do live chat on any other topic.)

I wish I changed my host.

While the Cpanel (while updated with a handier interface) will only instal SMF and PhpBB 2.3.

I googled around and found this: http://faq.siteground.com/node/190?PHPSESSID=... Don't know if it's any help.. But I hope it is..

I don't have any experiences with siteground.. But from what I've heard from others they aren't great but nor bad..

Status
Not open for further replies.