• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Hashtables vs variables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hey guys

I just learned about hashtables and im still wondering if i should use them in my map or not, so i wanted to hear your opinions.

My map has 8 players and each player have a range of "attributes" i need to save. For example, each player have 13 units, 13 unit upgrades, 2 researches and level of them, some specific regions and so on.

Up until now i've used variables and arrays to save these for each player, but it will be a lot variables by the time i'm done. Would it be better to make a hashtable for each player and then save all of these values? Or is big 8 hashtables in one map too much?

zam

zam

Level 3
Use them but make sure not to hit the limit.

Limit is 256 (i think) so 8 hashtables is nothing.

Level 12
Well sounds like it would be easy enough with player number and index variables. Don't think you need hashtables here :)

Status
Not open for further replies.