• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Halp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
I wanna learn how to play Guitar, i have these two booklets which should help me on the way but i can't find anything on the internet about how to position my fingers...

And in the booklet they presume that's common knowledge... meh i'm getting fucking pissed already just when trying to learn playing an instrument again >.<

I mean... they have this Guitar tab on a page where they also show how to find the central C but they're not really explaining what the hell everything is...

Level 12
Uh, if you're talking about chords, just google it, I'm pretty sure that there's a chord database somewhere on the internet.

Level 12
Wait, something like this?

Eb-------0-----|-------0-----|-------0-----|-------0---7-|
Bb-----0---0---|-----0---0---|-----0---0---|-----0---0---|
Gb---0-------0-|---0-------0-|---0-------0-|---0---------|
Db-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|
Ab-------------|-------------|-------------|-------------|
Eb-0-----------|-0-----------|-0-----------|-0-----------|

Level 13
Lol, nothing else matters :p

I think he means a music sheet. Not tabulatures, but real music notes. Well, those are often kind hard to find, I suggest you get Guitar Pro. You can download .gp3, .gp4, or gp.5 files and view them as notes in that program.

There are ofc other better programs for that, but this is the most common one (I think).

If you didn't mean standard notation, then Guitar Pro is also the way to go. You can often find it on the internet, at least for popular songs.

Level 13
You don't know how to read tabs? Well it's really easy, it's more simple than standard notation (well, also depends on what you're used to).

It goes from the lowest string to the highest, the highest one is called the 1st string (I don't know why) and the lowest one is called the 2nd. The numbers represent the fret you need to put your finger on. 0 means that you don't have to put your finger on any fret, just play that string (I think those are called "empty strings").

Status
Not open for further replies.