• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Good models for custom item attach ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hello, I would like to know whether someone could suggest some models that are good for item attachments.
To explain, I would like ( maybe) to create a map that offers fully customized heroes, that means if you equip a sword, the sword will be displayed as a weapon on your hero. Same with helmet, circlet and other possible attachments.

While looking at these awesome attachment models I realized that there are less models that offer the possibility for weapon, armor and head.
I searched a bit around and found some awesome models from Tenebrae and I was really happy. After importing them to my map I saw that most of them ( = elves) are based on Demonhunter and therefore they have a really odd, ugly movement.

Although I can use Tenebrae's RPG_Human I would like to know whether there are more models that are similar to, lets say the Villager. They should use common movement and offer the opportunity to attach head, chest and weapon/shield both hands.

I would be really glad if someone can suggest some.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, a simple villager, you suggest ? There is a map called 'Master Crafters ORPG' that uses Villager-Model the same way I want to use it and believe me, it does NOT look good. It is probably a good idea to add this model in case I want to use different models for different classes, but to only use this model won't work out.
That's why I was asking for suggestions :)

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Btw, Heinvers ( and all with knowledge about this theme), what about this model ? there are a few other models on that site that seem to give the opportunity to attach custom item models ?

Status
Not open for further replies.