• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Gold Digger Valley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I decided to make an AoS map to pass time. Doubt anyone will play it but it's fun making anyways. And here is the terrain.

180023-albums7569-picture104440.jpg

Level 28
It doodad placement is neat, the map is pleasant to the eyes, but not something remarkable.

I really like your idea of having the right lane on shallow water and increasingly higher ground as you move to the left lane. Maybe you should terrain it in a way that emphasises it: Making the terrain obviously rockier on the left lane perhaps? Or adding high rock walls around the paths, mimicking a mountain? Just ideas.

And yes, it looks kinda flat as it is now, and close ups would be nice to see too!

Level 12
The colour choices make it look really pretty.

The terrain could be less flat, but I think making it too bumpy could be bad if it meant to be playable. It is hard to tell from this angle and distance, though. Maybe it looks better or worse up close. Can't tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.