• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Global Warming Zombies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi all,
I'm making a map, called "Global Warming Zombies". I'm working on it solo and that makes it right now an alpha version :p. I'm still puting work on it.

Storyline:
It's 2012, the year wich a lot of people thought the world would end. And they were right. Zombies are invading now. What? Raising water-levels? Who told you that? That's just an miscalculation!
Now, defend the town. Defend it and make a way to bigger cities, were we might be save.

So, the game is about defending a small vilage from invading zombies. That may sound boring to some, or not to others.
One thing I really want to avoid is to let it be monotonously. Next to that I want it to:
- give you the feeling the city is being invaded.
- have it require strategic (and) teamwork.
- let people be unable/hard to get more exp by 'soloing' stuff. (Else teamwork wouldn't be as required.)

This are the things I currently have in my map:

Game objectives:
- Defend the villagers as long as you can. They will break through eventually, but it is better to hold that as long as you can because they will mutate if they kill anyone.
- Survive: At some point the villagers are lost, the zombies are to strong. At that point you should seek for your teammates and go to usefull places. Like behind a 'shoot wall' or at the top of the village.

Units:
- Heavy (more armor, less damage)
- Light (more damage, less armor)
- Tricks (Average stats, more tricks)
- Vision (Average stats, larger vision).
I'm using those fantastic Konstrukt Adwanced Marines set. The main idea about this is that everyone haves about the same powers, but will play a small role that will be more usefull for strategic use on later game.

Weapons:
- Minigun: Shoots very fast and does decent dps (damage per second).
- Machinegun: Shoots fast and does slightly more dps than the minigun. It does slighty more dps because it would lose dps on units it can oneshot down.
- Gausrifle: Shoots a bit slower than the Machinegun but has slightly more dps than the Machinegun for the same reason.
- Shotgun: Does splash damage and does great damage on close combat and fails at longer range then average.
- Flametrower: Does splash damage, but not much damage. It also burns enemy by giving it an effect with dot (damage over time).
- Sniper: Shoots very slow, very hard and very far. Usefull for killing certain types of zombies you want to avoid before they reach anyone.

Zombies:
- Zombie: Just a normal zombie, you'll see this unit more than any other.
- Worm: A small unit that does not attack but if is comes close you'll get damage over time by the 'disease'.
- Hunter: A unit that comes close easy. I think I'll add an abilty like Charge from warriors in WoW :p.
- Maimer: (Altough I don't know if this is spelled in correctly english :p) A unit that is easly killed, but does huge damage IF it comes close.
- Unbreakable: A unit that is hard to kill, its role is to 'distract' you. If you shoot on it he will win time for other zombies.
- Archer: Ofcourse, an ranged unit. :p
- Tower: A big unit that is hard to kill. It's funny to have a big unit that 'scares' you between all the other zombies.

Other game information:
- You train your skills with the weapon you carry. You'll do more damage if you have a higher skill of the weapon you currently carry.
- You train yourself. Ofcourse, you are a hero unit.
- Everyone will get the same amount of exp from a unit. That'll make 'soloing' hard and other roles like 'tanking' won't lose exp because they do less damage to have more armor.
- Weapons are items that can be dropped, picked up, sold and buyed.
- Zombies will move slow for a 'zombie effect'.

Feel free to post comments, ideas and critic!

Last edited:
Level 8
Sounds awesome.

Defending village should not mean that they stand in one corner all the game.
Make sure that there are limited amounts of ammo and medical suplies so those guys have to move aroud the village looking for more stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.