• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Glitchy animations when creating units with triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 65
Anyone else experiencing animation issues when creating units with triggers. The animations sort of "snap". In other words, if you issue a move order to a still unit it's animation instantly changes to walking without the normal smooth transition between Standing and Moving.
Lua:
local u = CreateUnit(Player(0), FourCC("H000"), 0, 0, 0)
It's really weird. If I pre-place the Units on the map then there is no issue. Not only that, if I pre-place a Unit, and then create a unit of the same type as that unit, the newly created unit won't have the issue either.

Last edited:
Level 6
Hey there, can confirm what HerrDave said, in my now defunct survival map i had doodad archers placed on top of watch towers for aesthetic purposes, and the archers who where actual units with the same model had this glitchy animation, was going to ask for help on forums too but i found out it was the doodads so i came up with a stupid solution: i saved the same model with another name and re imported it into the map, then used one model for the doodad and other for the unit lol, i was using the 1.29+ editor versions as it was before i refunded my warcraft 3, now i'm on 1.26 and i haven't found this bug again

Status
Not open for further replies.