• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Giving peasants samurai swords etc. (Help Plz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey! Can anybody help me with putting, lets say a blademaster sword in the hands of a peasant. It took me one year to understand the basics of Wc Map Editor and like 6 months after that to understand how to make own spells and I just found out (2 years after) how to change attack type model and stuff. Well, anyway! Back to the sword thing. I don't understand how to make the units hold the swords. I've tried to find some explenations but I haven't found any. And if I did.. I was too stupid to realize. Can anybody that know how to do this answer me, please? Btw I'm not the smartest guy ever .. so I would appreciate if you could explain so even I understand what you're saying. I know how to import models if that's any help at all. Thanks in advance. :D

Level 8
this should be in the Model forum but all well anyways.

start out by downloading a sword model from a site.

next import it into the map editor

then you need to make a spell the best one is to just use a orb spell. now find the model or art or whatever and switch it to the sword model and then put that spell on the unit. you might have to delete the bonus stats tho but it will give you the sword permintly on the peasent

Level 3
Couldn't you just do it in triggers, so that if the person has a certain item, a special effect is triggered and the model of the sword is placed in "weapon"?

Level 3
Just a passive one? But then you couldn't make it so only one weapon came up, and wouldn't they overlap? In a trigger at least you could stop that from happening...

Level 8
the truly best way to make a item attachment is to use a bonus stat spell this is usly like Arm +2 like from items

you can then just delete the arm+2 stats so it gives off no stats and then set the model to the sword then you can ether just have it permintly on the unit or put the spell on a item and have it to be able to pickup or not and yes that desereved a evil face!

Level 3
But what happens when the person has 3 differant weapons for the same hand? O.O OMGS HE HAS A CLUB AX SHOTGUN!!

Level 8
then there like a billion ways to fix it

here some ways

1. reduce the item capacity for the unit to 1

2.trigger in varables so that slot 1 only has the effects and shows

3. trigger it so you can only carry one kind of weapon(ounce again you have to use varables only this time using type of items)

4. trigger it so he automaticly drops his item when he picks up another

Level 3
-bows- I have been defeated! But one thing, if the item has stat boosts, then you would need to make it so there is only allowed to be one weapon, or you would have stat increases up the.. you get the picture.. Like the ideas, would use it in my thing if I didn't have to make them replace your unit ^^

Level 3
lol No, no, I just couldn't get it so a melee unit could turn into a ranged, I just made it so that when someone uses an item they get anouther unit, and when they drop it, they leave that unit, to get their original unit, think of DarkShoGun's parasite

Level 2
Thanks, Xlightscreen. :) My peasant has the paladin hammer now .. but .. it's just floating on air. :? He isn't wielding it and when he is attacking something, it's just hovering. He uses his normal pick to attack with. :(
Can you help me with that, please? That would be great :wink:

Level 2
False alarm. It's peasants that can't use weapons.
I Tried to make a footman wield it and it works pretty good exept that his frostmourne was attached on the tip of his regular sword. :?
Btw, how do you remove his old weapon :?:

Level 2
False alarm. It's peasants that can't use weapons.
I Tried to make a footman wield it and it works pretty good exept that his frostmourne was attached on the tip of his regular sword. :?
Btw, how do you remove his old weapon and how do I make the sword to be in his hand :?:

Level 2
Ok, thanks for the help. :D But I just wonder why Orc Gladiators can wield crazy weapons. Is it a custom grunt models without weapon?
Anyway, my weapons won't work with custom models like Naga Male. Is it like that with all the custom models or is it just that one? :?

Level 6
Just read this carefully...

- Any model made WITH a weapon, CANNOT have their weapon removed without editing the model.
- You can "apply" a weapon to any model as long as it has attachment points.
- Therefore you can attach weapons to models that start with weapons, but It looks rather silly.

Level 2
Ok, thanks for the help.
I'll just try to find some unit that doesn't look like crap and has no weapon.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.