• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[General] Give a custom flying unit, death animation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hello, good day, everyone. I would like to ask if there is a way how would I make this 'Chromatic Red Dragon' a death animation just like the creep, 'Red Dragon' (the anim that explodes into gibs and bones), without using model tools or stuff like that. If there is a trigger or ability trick I could use, kindly aid me in doing this. :) or maybe another animation that lowers the dragon to the ground, the height of it and then play the death animation.

I also provided of the situation I wanted him to die just like how the Red Dragon does.
full

Last edited:
Level 39
The blood explosions are there under Art - Special. There's a whole category of ubersplats for the various unit death gore, I'm pretty sure that's what it's called. You can make a simple trigger to hide the dying dragon and create a special effect explosion in the same location. Might look a little weird but it's functionally the same thing:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit dies
  • Conditions
    • Unit-type of (triggering unit) equal to Chromatic Blood Dragon
  • Actions
    • Set TempPoint = Position of (Triggering Unit)
    • Unit - Hide (Triggering Unit)
    • Special Effect - Create an effect at TempPoint using "your\gore\explosion\here.mdl"
    • Special Effect - Destroy (last created special effect)
    • Special Effect - Set scale of (last created special effect) to 3.00 //this action might or might not exist, I don't recall; I picked a random number for scale, find what works for you
    • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
The effect size won't be right but I think there are new actions to set special effect scale. There may also be one to set its Z height so the explosion appears in the sky where the dragon was not on the ground where it was. It's possible that the animation won't play properly; if you're not seeing anything, try putting a short Wait before the Destroy line (not a good permanent solution but that will help you figure things out for now).

Status
Not open for further replies.