• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

GIMP Photo Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
So recently I've been editing some pictures in GIMP. Mostly self-shots. As egotistical as it could seem, it's simply because I don't really have any better object to use.

Original:
IMAGE_322_orig.jpg

Edited:
IMAGE_322-1.jpg

And another:
redjacket_manip.jpg

Level 6
Well, we have like, 10 art forums here, none of them very different from the others and none of them very definite. This one is the most active, so I posted it here.

Level 6
next time i see ralle I might ask him to create a photography thread. Suggestions on that?

I'd suggest not. Tbh, all these separate art forums could easily fit under one "Art" forum, with maybe a subforum for Warcraft-Related Art. It would make the art that is presented far more publicly noticed, because a lot more people would be checking out the forum.

As for the photos, they are nice, i never get it on making those bw with red tshirt or red roses or single red object, possibly to do with selection, looks cool anyways.

I took a color photo originally, rendered out my shirt and necklace, copied that and pasted it over a copy of the photo turned black/white. Really simple, but a cool effect. Also did some other minor things.

Status
Not open for further replies.