• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Gimp help Skin going totally heywire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello i im skining the Uther skin and i need alot of help im a new skinner but good at recolers i use gimp and when i convert the file it is upside down thinking it was no problem i try it in WE but its all screwed up like is eyes are on the cape and his belt is on his eyes really freaky plz help me

Level 16
3 tips:
1: use better grammar. It helps people identify your problem and make it easier
Hello i im skining the Uther skin and i need alot of help im a new skinner but good at recolers i use gimp and when i convert the file it is upside down thinking it was no problem i try it in WE ...
2: I use photoshop to skin, because it's pretty easy to try it that way. Try other imaging programs as well.
3: Check the options and stuff. The screenies and skins the n00b Lord_of_Illidan made with GIMP turned out mirrored/upsidedown. I think you need to try either another program or explore the config settings.

Level 7
ok i just wanted to get straight to the point didnt really care about grammer but i dont want to try anything else because it costs to much money just to skin and im a newb so there is no way im paying $99.99 so is there someone that uses gimp and knowes how to use it i dont think its even the gimp progrem i think its Wc3veiwer is there a later version

Level 16
Thing is, bad grammar makes me assume you do not know English and are using a crappy translator
Good screenshot sorry not I have
This is a fabrication, but it's true. As for that, I have photoshop because I got two of them for like $50 at Costco, the only problem being I suck at freehanding and can't learn how to make animated GIF's with them yet...
Sopho pretty much simplified option 3 for you... I thank him and credit him, thus leaving me happy and creidtless :D

Status
Not open for further replies.