• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

GHOST!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
uh...

well Yeah I think collision size doen't, but try anyways, and what he means is turn the movement type of the unit from foot to flying, that just changes what he obseveves as an obstacle, a unit with movement type flying has nothing except other flying units as obstacles, so the unit with movement type flying will be able to pass thru walls, blizzard uses this in combination along with height to make it look like it's flying, with no height he will walk thru

Level 3
if just want a trigger that it will walk through walls whens omething is activated ( ability or quest done or whatver) then do something like this:

create on each wall you want to walk trough elevator walls ( living ones if you dont want people to be able to go over walls from the start, (dead) elevators when you DO want them to go over walls from the start )

for living ones activate them:

event:
whatever

conditions
whatever

actions: kill every doodad in regionXX

or for something more defined:

actions: kill every doodad of doodadtype that is range of unitx

( i dunno exactly how to do the in range stuff but just look for a map "scaryforest2" in this map is a trigger that kills people who are coming to close to an moving meatwagon, find that trigger and copy it.
)

you can also use invisible platforms for "climbing/moving" through walls.

zontar thinks that using elevatorwalls is much more creative then using fly ability although it would take more work

Level 9
keep the height at 0, and indeed change the movement type to flying.
The height at 0 should keep the unit stuck to the ground, and the flying should make it able to cross any terrain.
yet, i think that when you move through a wall made in the terrain pallet that the unit will 'teleport' onto the wall, since that will be the lowest next ground to stick to.
This won't happen with doodads, just mess around a bit, see what you find out.

Status
Not open for further replies.