• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

get research requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi all,

i have a rather simple question, but i think the answer won't :)
i want to know if it is possible to get the required tech level of an ability when being cast

for example, if a banshee uses "possession" then ill get a 2 as it requires the master training;
and if it uses the magic shield ill get a 1 (for adept training).

i hope i was clear enough :/
but thanks for your replies anyway :D

Level 12
Something like:
  • Events
    • Unit - A unit starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • Or - Any condition is true
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Possession
      • (Ability being cast) equal to Anti-Magic Shell
  • Actions
    • Set int = Current research level of Banshee Adept Training for (Triggering Player)
Maybe?

regards
-Ned

Last edited:
Level 12
What I realized as I was replying, is that if you have level 2 Banshee Adept Training while casting Anti-Magic Shell, it will still return 2, and atab wants it to return 1 in that case, since that is the requirement level.
Oh. Oh... Oooooooh... :| ...ops?

I wonder if there is a way to reference Techtree Requirements Level... It shows up in Tooltips, so I would say maybe with one of the underground WEs ?

:|
-Ned

Level 2
well thanks for your posts
tbh, i thought i edited my post to be more clear (and even without it you got my point the-silent :wink:) but yes, i wanted it said "1" or "2" regardless of the curent research.

and indeed, i was quite sure it wouldn't exist... but still wanted a confirm for more experienced users than me :smile:
i'll then use "the long path" to acheve that (which is close to what you proposed nedio ^^ one trigger per ability)

Status
Not open for further replies.